Monday, January 7, 2013

Ermergerd Merrterns!





So, the story goes... my lovely mother bought this amazing yarn for me for Christmas.
As soon as I opened the package I knew that it was destined to be a pair of mittens.
Here they are!
Just darling.
Now I can face the cold with a skip in my step.
I believe this is only the second time I have made a pair of mittens.
Ok, maybe like the fourth. 
But the first time they have turned out alright... for just winging it.
There are a few holes  here and there.  One where I pick up a stitch. The others are around the thumb.
I finished them off the tops with Kitchener stitch... but it came out more flat than round.
But I like it.  Gives them character!

P.S. After trying to take a decent picture with my computer, I have decided, the time has come to just invest in taking some nice pictures with my real camera.