Friday, February 8, 2013

Totoro Bag!

So after about a month and a half of hard work... 
I finally finished my Totoro bag!



I drew up the stitch pattern on graph paper, and it worked pretty well.
I got to lazy to actually knit the eyes, nose and mouth in.  Well, to tell the truth I was scared that adding them to the pattern would be to hard.  So I just sewed them on with felt. I think it turned out really nice.
I had originally planned on it being a backpack, but I would have to find better straps for it.  Right now I just added an i-cord strap, which doesn't work for the back because it has way to much stretch.  Especially since all I carry around in the bag is books.
If I ever find a good strap for it I will certainly switch it out.
But for now my pin collect loves it's new home.
Even though most of them wont stay on, which led to me losing my Air Force Spouse pin (the silver one with the Air Force symbol and the star)
Oh well, this Totoro is still too cute to pass up.

On another note, here is my current reading list.
The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson, great read! (or listen, which ever if fine)
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, another really good read.
 Knitting: Colour, structure and design by Alison Ellen, is awesome.
I suggest that any knitter wanting to expand their knowledge to check her out: here 
She has some excellent ideas and great new ways of viewing the art of knitting.
Knitting from the Center Out by Daniel Yuhas, this book is very creative, and another different view on  knitting.  I suggest you take a look at it, there are some great patterns.  His website can be found: here


And here is a shot of how my roommate and I's couch often looks.  Like a mess of knitting and computers, and lots of blankets because we like to stay warm.


Thats all for now folks!