Friday, June 28, 2013

SOCKS

Hi.
So, a lot has happened since my last post.
I moved out of state.  No big deal or anything.
But the upside is I have lots of free time on my hands now.
But first let me catch you up on all the things that I have made over the past couple of months.

Here we have the plethora of socks I designed.
I made one pair... then I had to go and knit a pair for everyone I knew.
Each sock is knit with Knit Picks Comfy Fingering yarn.  Which is awesome, cheap and comes in a fair amount of colors.  I found that the only downside is that it stretches out a bit after you wash and wear the socks a few times.  At least on the ankle socks I have.
Anyway, back to the real things!
The first pair were requested by my sister.
A lovely lavender color with a easy design,  they turned out nicely.



The second pair I attempted were very elegant white lace ones.
I gave them to my mother for mothers day.  I never got a chance to photograph them.
She liked them so much that she doesn't want to ruin them by wearing them.
Thanks mom.

The third pair are these amazing ones.


These were for my roommate at the time.
They are called "Tiger Eye"
My favorite pair by far.



The design was so perfect and challenging. 
I wish I could recreate the experience of making them.
Alas, that would mean moving back into my old apartment with my roommate and sitting through a whole series of White Collar :)

Fourth Pair!
(I am just realizing I have seriously only knitted socks for the past three months)
This moderate green set I made for my mother-in-law.
I dont know why these turned out rather blah.


They are still a really nice pair of socks. I just think the color is a bit crazy.
I don't really like green unless it is very subdued and hazy.


This green is like a punch in the nose.
Also note that the design on the front is upside down, which really irks me.
It is the same with the "Tiger Eye" socks.  But on those the pattern still looks great.
Here is just looks awkward.


At least she thought they were nice.
And I can always knit her a better pair to make up for it!

The fifth pair.  Now here is where I took a whole new turn in the sock design area.
I dared to learn how to knit a sock from the toe up.
I was determined to not enjoy it.
And only found that is was much easier to navigate.
So here they are...


My ankle socks.
Yes, I kept them for myself.
I couldn't part with them.


Alrighty, we finally made it to the last pair!




They are my first try at multiple colors with a sock.
Also my first non-lace pair.
I like them.
Even if it they kinda make your toes look like a ducks beak.
Though, I am still finishing the second sock.  So I have yet to see them in full action.
I will probably keep their awesomeness for myself.
Unless someone has a birthday or something.

And that is it!
We got through all them.
I shall be working on another pair soon (white and pink!)
It is going to be lovely blogging again.

Tootles!