Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Things!

Oy.
So many exciting things have happened over the past couple of days.

I have officially posted my very first sock pattern.  It is free on ravelry.com

People seem to be really into it.  The pattern has been downloaded over four hundred times already.
I am blown away by that. 
It is one of the coolest things to see people making my socks.
I am really excited to see where it goes.
I am also well on my way to posting another sock pattern.  This one will also be posted for free.
I have a few designs on the way that are going to be much tougher patterns to write up.  I am hoping that I can put those ones up for sale.

As well as my getting a start with my ravelry, I also hope to reopen my etsy shop.
It is going to be a bigger step, and I want to be sure that I am going in the right direction with it.
My idea is to have sell socks, sock patterns, and little whimsical things.


(such as these heart pins)
But that is all in the works.
I haven't set my heart on it quite yet.

As far as things I have been knitting goes...
Here is a picture of the first glove and mosaic work I have ever done.


I think it turned out rather well.
The fit might be a little messy, but I already frogged it about three times.
So I am ok with a glove that has a small pinky.

Here is some detail of the work

I have been really drawn into color as of late.
I want everything I make right now to have some sort of color work in it.
A huge inspiration that I stumbled upon is ALL Knitwear


I mean, come on!
That is some incredible color.
My next hat will certainly turn out looking something like this.

Ok, thats it.
I am going to go work on starting some new socks.

P.S. Now that I am all caught up with Dr. Who (I have to watch any new episodes with my husband.) For my knit-viewing I have started watching Alias on Netflix.  I don't think it is a healthy obsession, but Daddy Warbucks makes the cutest hard core spy!


Peace.