Friday, July 12, 2013

Stashing.

Well.
It is kinda hot outside now, being July and all.
So I knitted up this little slice of summer:


Other then trying to stay cool with simply the thoughts of cold things, (because when you are sitting around with a pile of wool on your lap... it's not really hot cocoa you want to think about), I have been striving towards opening my Etsy.
I am making some good progress.  I have all my listings set up, all I am waiting for it photos.  My window of opportunity to take good photos is very slim.  Since I am up all night long (graveyard shift!) when the sun is finally rising, my husband is coming home from work and there are a million things to do.
So, here's hoping I can grab my chance to take the photos today.

Other then all that boring stuff, I wanted to talk about my stash.
Which is pretty nonexistent.
I have dreamed of having a secret stash that is the size of a small room.  But alas mine has never grown bigger then a typical storage bin.
The yarn kept there is mostly a small handful of tasteful yarn.  The rest is just bits of left over projects, or really cheap acrylic super market stuff.
So, I decided to go shopping.



I spree'ed on KnitPicks.com.  I have found that  it is the most convenient, cheapest, and reliable online shop.  Granted, I have never looked much farther then a few other places.  But I know what they have and I wont be surprised by anything.  Plus, I dream of reliable yarn, not special, super awesome Egyptian cotton blends.

I am very happy with the outcome.  Most of it is wool that was on sale, and almost three fourths of it is for unknown projects! Which is extremely unusual for me.  I hardly pick out yarn without a specific project in mind.  Now I can drag out my bin and toss everything I hate.  Yay!

So, here goes my foray into a better (sadly not bigger) stash.

Meanwhile, here is a sneak peak at my latest few projects.


You are looking at a possible Dr. Who hat in the works.
If it doesn't come out as a hat it will become something.  I am determined.
Because that is the best TARDIS blue in the world.

That start of a sock in the corner is going to be a new pattern.
They are a classic, white lace pair.
I made them for my mother a while back, before I started writing down my socks patterns
(I kick myself for not writing down every sock pattern I have ever made.  It would have saved me all the trouble I am going through now...)

Another little pattern I drew up was this:


It is from this dancing cat gif 



by Naive on tumblr.  
Check them out.
Lots of cat gifs and wonderful drawings.

I hope to incorporate it into some sort of knitted object, (a cowl, possibly) but the pattern is a bit oversized... and I need to configure the color work. 
But it is going to look awesome whatever it is when it's done!

And... that's about it.
I'm going to go sort my stash now...
Bye now.


P.S. MORE ALIAS FAN TIME.

Um, guys. 
Sark.
He is adorable.
And also full of sass.