Friday, August 8, 2014

Update

Greetings!
Now, as usual it has been a long time since my last post.  I have been living life and much to lazy to update this blog on a regular basis.  Although, I am still making things like a crazy person.  I don't think I will ever run out of creative energy.  Some times it seems like I have hit a wall, but by the time I lay in bed my head is reeling with new ideas.
One of those ideas is update this blog weekly. 

Now, to catch you up on all these wonderful new things in my life.
I have conquered my fear of patterns and am now writing them on a regular basis.  There is a long list of patterns that I am drafting, as well as patterns I am rewriting.  So, keep an eye out, there are many more to come. Right now I have a variety of patterns for purchase, as well as a few for free. Here is a sample of a few:


                                                                       


You can find all of my current patterns on in my Ravelry shop, as well as a few on Etsy.

The next new thing is my sewing machine.


I found it at the Goodwill.  It is a Kenmore from the 60's or 70's and it is in fabulous condition.  It has all the pieces and parts.  The only problem I had with it was a sticky bobbin winder.  But that was a really easy fix. Other than that it is flawless.  The best part is I bought it for only thirty bucks! 
So, you will soon be seeing my sewing projects as well as knitting and embroidery.

The final new and wonderful thing I wanted to share is that I am currently unemployed.  Now this might sound like a terrible thing to some.  I am young and need to be working or going to school etc. etc. But leaving my job was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Not everyone is blessed with the opportunity I have.  I am only able to do this because my husband is amazing and has a job that can support us well. It was hard to leave, but I decided to become more committed to my art and hone my craft.  My goal is to become more professional and to create a better business.  In the hopes that my knitting and my hands can take me somewhere. 
It will be a long and intense road, but I am excited for it.
Here is a BIG THANKS to all you wonderful people who follow me and encourage me in my pursuits.  As well as my family and friends who love and support me so much.

Thank you!
-Gracie