Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's Been A While...

Well...
I am sure that many a blogger has had to use that title for a blog post.
Yes, it has been quite a while since my last update.  I have had a few changes in my regular schedule since the last post.  So, I haven't dedicated to much time to writing on this blog (or any of my other various social media outlets.) But I am back, at least for now.

To catch you up on what has been going on.
I have been making things.
Lots of things.
Such as:


#1: This was a small attempt at broadening my crafting skills.  I learned how to back stitch and became obsessed with embroidering everything I came across.
This was a note for my husbands lunch box.


#2: I worked for ages on this pair of socks. 
I decided on an extremely complicated twist stitch pattern that I made up all by myself.
There was far to much frogging involved with these socks.
But they are finished and I wear them quite a bit now.


#3: Since the weather has cooled down some what, I have ventured to make some more hats for my Etsy!
Here is the first.
I decided on just your average ski hat with a pompom with varying color work on each one.


#4: Here I collaborated my knitting and embroidery for a 21'st birthday present for my best friend.
Beer Cozy.
I loved it.
She loved it.
We are all happy.
And being 21 myself, I feel that this question is asked more than I ever thought it would.



#5: As far as exciting projects go... I made another moth.
A lunar moth.
I was pretty happy with the outcome.
I have hope of detailing it further, with some embroidery, as well are lining the underside of the wings and adding some wire to make them stiff.  
My plan is to make a few butterflies next.
A note to all of you who are dying for a pattern:
I apologize, but writing patterns for these is far beyond my skill.  I do hope to write them up someday, but it will take a lot of time and a huge headache to get even one wing onto a page.



#6: The next in my line of fun stuff are these little hand warmers.  I hemmed the top and bottom rather then ribbed them.  I think they look adorable.
I am hoping that they catch on in my Etsy... but who knows :)


#7: I am also way looking to improve my knitting skills, so I am always trying out new things.
Such as the daisy stitch.  It was very painful.  A lovely stitch, and I would do it again.
But purling 3 together (or even knitting 3 together) is excruciating on the hands.
My fingers were rather bruised.
I got as far as this little headband/cowl thing. 
I actually love that it looks like a piece of a crocheted afghan.


#8: This is the second hat in the great hat escapade (or hatscapade!) I love it.  Though working the decreases and trying to keep the color work straight was terrifying.
I am approaching the same issue with my third hat.
It is going to be so fun... not.





#9: Ahh, my last project so far.  Some wonderful gloves that I whipped up for my mother in law's birthday.
I think they turned out darling, for the fact that I made them in about two days...
I have a lot of pride in these.
And I can only pray that they fit her hands!

Ok.
Phew.
So thats everything folks.
Maybe if I continue to blog regularly I wont have to spend so much time on long blog posts ;)
Oh well.
I do love sharing my work with people.

And speaking of sharing... 
I was really hoping on doing a craft show this year, but most of them are all happening with in the next few weeks.  And sadly I don't have enough finished work to have a table.
I would love to set it as a goal though.
And maybe I can make it...
Maybe...
Haha!
Anyway, best of luck to all you crafters who are doing craft shows this holiday season!

As for me, I am off to reorganize my knitting stash, and see what I can order with the rest of my gift card!

Peace.