Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring Creations

I like Spring.
Even if it means about another foot of snow where I live.
I know some day soon it will be green.
So, in the mood of Spring, I thought why not attempt to make a tiny, cute rabbit, in the style of the other miniature toys I have been creating.
Only, things did not go as planned.
Here is my first attempt:



In my mind this litte creature is not cute.
It is actually terrifying.
It reminds me of the book Bunnicula,


Though in the copy I remember seeing, I am pretty sure there was blood dripping from the fangs and it had much more wild looking red eyes.
While my Frankenstein bunny might be adored by some (my roommate) I feel that to much close contact with it will lead to nightmares (ok, I may be exaggerating on this, but still!)
I would like to attempt to create a much more docile and quaint looking rabbit.  One that puts Spring and flowers and happy things on the mind, rather then Halloween and death.