Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Moth's and Beaches

Well, it has been a while.
That's because I took a little holiday!
First to visit my family and then to the ocean.
Can I just say that is was lovely, but I am completely tuckered out, and I have been home for three days already.
I had some time before I left to finish up something new... (hint, its not a sock!)
I was inspired by a new series of books to make this:


It is a little moth of death!


Ha ha, ok, maybe that is not very funny.  But in the books I was reading the moths represent a fairy's curse. 
And they just sounded so cool that I had to try to knit one.


I think it turned out super neat.


Hopefully I can figure out how to write up the pattern.
I would love to put it up on ravelry.
It would be amazing to see what people would do with this design.

Now, on my trip I finally got around to finishing my pink socks.
I still haven't figured out what to name them, but they remind me of those pink shells you pick up on the beach.


I thought they turned out rather nice.
It took me ages to find the right design.
Everything I tried just looked tacky, or to much the same.
But I found a nice lace, and a nice twist stitch pattern and they came together nicely.



This twist stitch goes all the way to the bottom of the heel.
I am once again kicking myself for not writing anything down while I designed this pattern.
It makes actually writing the pattern a huge pain.
Because I have to try and figure out all the little tricks I added to get everything to form so nicely.


So, both of these designs will be a real treat to write up.
But they were lots of fun to knit.
The twist stitch pattern was so entertaining that I started knitting up another pair of socks with my own twist stitch design.  They are turning out well, just lots of frogging :)

That all I have for now!
I hope you are all doing well.
Tootle-pip.